Adolf Schmidt was the director of the Potsdam Magnetic Observatory from 1902 until 1928. The present geomagnetic observatory was built following his plans at a site which he selected near the small town of Niemegk. On his 70th birthday, 23 July 1930, the observatory was officially inaugurated and has borne his name since then.
Last modified : 2005/01/17|
by H. Podewski(email@example.com)